How to identify sentence in daisy book?

Forums: 

Dear Friends,

I am developing a custom daisy book reader for blinds. But my problem is "Sentence Navigation". My operating system is Ubuntu. But in windows counter part AMIS the sentence navigation work fine. Any body please advise in ncc.html or .smil file this sentence navigation stuff done.

Waiting for a fast advise

Thanks
Anes

You need to provide complete and proper support of SMIL file in the DAISY reader you are making. The DAISY reader software should be able to execute the TEXT and AUDIO elements in the SMIL file. Depending upon how the DAISY book is created, each AUDIO element will have instruction to play a part of the audio file; most likely a sentence.

You can download sample DAISY books and use them to create support in your DAISY reading software. Note that if the producer wants, the AUDIO elements (called a phrase in DAISY terms) can refer to a sentence, paragraph or even words and characters. So, the DAISY reader actually just executes the instructions in the SMIL files of the book and sentence reading is not a support of the DAISY reading software.

Dear Sir,
Your reply give idea that I need to concentrate in SMIL file. But my doubt is how the SMIL file is parsed and use for AMIS for sentence navigation. I am expecting an application point of reply. My language of development is Python 2.7 and platform is Ubuntu (deb package). Our organization made daisy files in Daisy 2.02 work fine in AMIS . The sentence navigation is extra fine. We need that functionality for our open source ubuntu based application too...

Waiting for your fast reply

Thanks
Anes

I suggest you look at the source code of other DAISY players for Linux. The follwoing two websites should be useful:

http://jlemmens.nl/

http://daisy.geexbox.org/DOWNLOAD.en.html

I request others on this forum to respond if they have anything specific to add.

Dear Friends,
I checked the second option to install from source but not working... Both are implementation in C. Please provide
any further advise from any body..

Thanks
Anes

You can create your own smil parser. I hope that you have already have the xhtml parser for ncc.html files. You can create the smil file parser also using the similar concept.

With regards
Avneesh

Dear Avneesh and friends,
Actaully I have no idea for how to integrate the SMIL parser to this application. If have any sample code or application demonstrate same please provide ...

Thanks
Anes