Help for reader

Forums: 

Hello, I am a young French little publishing house.
I want to provide my reader epub files with audio.
I'm testing I arrive, from a epub file, create a new audio file with epub with Tobi.
The problem then is that software should I recommend to my website to read epub easily and especially the audio of the epub.
I have not found a way to open Tobi epub to simply read it.
Thank you in advance.

Have a good day

Emylee

Hello Emylee,

Welcome to TOBI forum.

There are various epub readers in market.
It mostly depends which system or browser(Firefox,chrome..) you are using to read your epub books.
For example in Chrome ,there is a browser extension known as Readium.
It can very well play all the epub3 books( containing audio & video) made in TOBI.

If you find any difficulty in playing the epub books,please write back to us.

Hope it helps.
Thanks.

Regards
Rachana

Hi,
I converted a full text full audio DAISY3 book to EPUB3 by using Tobi, but the converted epub book couldn't play audio. It show text only. I'm using Adobe Digital Edition and Readium (google chrome plugin) to open epub. what's the solution?

Regards

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks for posting on the forum.
I have few queries before solving your issue.
After converting the DAISY book to EPUB3, did you open the EPUB book and tried to play it?

If it dosen't play then can you please check the EPUB book folder,is there any audio file(eg. mp3) in it?
Waiting for your reply.

Regards
Rachana

Hi
I Tried to open EPUB book after converting, but audio of book didn't play.
I Checked the DAISY format book also but it's okay and played easily.
The link of the DAISY book is https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByTSKVSlibjeSGZ4U0k0NS1Jbm8/view?usp=sharing
&
The link of the converted EPUB book is https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByTSKVSlibjeRVBpX3prcE9hQU0/view?usp=sharing

With regards
Rajendra

Hi Rajendra,

I downloaded the book in both the format(Daisy3 and Epub).
I opened the DAISY3 book in TOBI and converted in EPUB.
The book was playing well in TOBI.
I imported the same epub book in Readium and played it, i can hear all the text,headings,paragraph very clearly,
the audio seems to be good.

I imported your EPUB book in Readium, only text can be seen and the book dosent contain any audio.

You can convert DAISY 3 to Epub book by going to File menu and clicking DAISY to EPUB3 ,or SHIFT+CTRL+C.
Select package.opf file and click open. Pipeline 2 progress bar will start .Wait for it, till it gets started and the message box will ask to Import EPUB to create TOBI project? Press Yes. Another message box will ask for EPUB check.You can either press Yes or No.Progress bar will come up to import EPUB book.As it finishes project spine window will open, you can select any of the file and click OK. The file will open in TOBI and thereafter you can play it.

Did you follow the same steps while creating the EPUB book or did you get any error while conversion process?
You can also refer TOBI mannual for conversion steps .

Regards
Rachana

Hi Rachana,
I did follow same process but not hear sound when import the epub in Tobi after conversion. There only show text and record button in left bottom side of Tobi program.

Regards

Hi Rachana,
I did follow same process but not hear sound when import the epub in Tobi after conversion. There only show text and record button in left bottom side of Tobi program.

Regards

Dear Rajendra,

I can do a skype call with you to sort out these issues. My skype ID is prashant.daisy.

Send me a skype invite if you want to talk.