is word level synchronization possible in Tobi?

Forums: 

Hi, I'm very new in here so excuse my lack of knowledge and kindly help in understanding if Tobi allows word level synchronization in Tobi. if yes? how can I achieve the same? Awaiting response, Thanks,
Mahim

Dear Mahim,

The navigation granuality in Tobi depends upon the markup in the imported document. Tobi does not contain any feature for structure editing as of now.

So, if the imported file contains word level markup then Tobi will allow you to synchronize audio at the level of words also.

The files to be imported into Tobi should be marked up carefully as per requirement. After import in Tobi it will not be possible to change synchronization points.

Hope this helps.

Prashant

Hi Prashant, Thanks for the quick reply. By imported document level what You mean to say is the xml file right? the one which we get after 'save as daisy' in word? Cool! so, how do I mark in it? and another query, is it possible to insert a picture/image (with text over it) in Tobi?

Hi Prashant, Thanks for the quick reply. By imported document level what You mean to say is the xml file right? the one which we get after 'save as daisy' in word? Cool! so, how do I mark in it? and another query, is it possible to insert a picture/image (with text over it) in Tobi?

Save As DAISY does not markup the XML file at word level. The best you can get is sentence level markup when you create full DAISY from the DAISY Translator.

If word level markup is essential then I am afraid you will have to do some manual coding or find another tool.

You should place images where you want in the Word document before translating it. Also make sure you provide "alt text" in the image properties or image captions just above or below the image.

Placing text over image is not a good idea from accessibility point of view.

great! Thank you! :)