Transformer based on XRunner stopped working

Forums: 

I have a transformer that depends on the XRunner class to run the tidy utility. This transformer has now been running fine for several months.
This transformer has suddenly stopped working for no obvious reason on all the machines I had it installed and running. I get the following error and stack trace in the log:
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_45
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

Error
Mon May 20 16:38:50 IST 2013
Error running script: Task HTMLTidy4ITFeed failed.

org.daisy.pipeline.exception.JobFailedException: Error running script: Task HTMLTidy4ITFeed failed.
at org.daisy.pipeline.core.script.Runner.execute(Runner.java:124)
at org.daisy.pipeline.core.PipelineCore.execute(PipelineCore.java:280)
at org.daisy.pipeline.gui.jobs.runner.JobRunnerJob.run(JobRunnerJob.java:63)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
org.daisy.pipeline.exception.JobFailedException: Task HTMLTidy4ITFeed failed
at org.daisy.pipeline.core.script.Runner.execute(Runner.java:100)
at org.daisy.pipeline.core.PipelineCore.execute(PipelineCore.java:280)
at org.daisy.pipeline.gui.jobs.runner.JobRunnerJob.run(JobRunnerJob.java:63)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Any thoughts on what could have caused this?
I get the same error for files that I have used this earlier for and know it to be working fine.
I suspect that a Windows update has broken the XRunner class. Is anyone else facing an issue with XRunner?

Will appreciate any pointers on how I can troubleshoot this.

Regards,
Manish

I've not experienced nor been reported similar issues. I suppose you tried reinstalling everything from scratch ? You should probably try to look at what recently changed in your environment... Romain.

I did reinstall the files.
the only thing that could have changed in my environment is Windows uppdates. I am running windows 7 64 bit. I have started getting the same issue at the same time on 2 different machines that are located far away from each other in separate environments.

If I wanted to debug through the XRunner java code, where can I get to it?

Thanks for your help.

-Manish

Hello,

I am using this transformer for several months to convert India Today. But this time I received same error told my Manish.
Error running script: Task HTMLTidy4ITFeed failed.
In my system the environment change that occurred is windows update and java update. I was trying to revert the update of java, but I could not. So I uninstalled java and Pipeline and reinstalled Pipeline. when I installed pipeline it automatically installed Java(TM) 6. Now the transformer is working fine.

just to reproduce the error I again tried updating java to Java 7 and the same error occurred again. So it is because java update only.

thanks
sreeja

OK, thanks for the follow up. I'll try to have a look at why it doesn't work with Java 7. In the mean time, it's good that you have a workaround and it is working fine with Java 6.

Thanks, Romain.