Span Style - Errors @ Pipeline stage

Forums: 

Hello

We've just tried to convert a large book containing over a thousand endnotes through the pipeline to Daisy Html.

The span style has been used on areas in the book where the endnotes appear.

This span style is now creating problems in the conversion process.
Some opening span tags are not closing correctly, and some dont seem to contain any attributes. It's all very higgilty piggilty.
I've checked our original word doc which seemed fine. And the SaveAsDaisy to XML process goes through fine - no errors at all.

The problem starts when I try and run the XML through the pipeline as an XHTML DTB Book.

Below is an example of a couple of the errors I'd mentioned above.

< span class="noteref" id="244) </span>Tyrosine is another amino acid with the ability to boost neu-rotransmitter (brain messenger) levels. Higher levels of brain tyrosine can result in increased brain production of dopamine and norepinephrine. This is especially important as improvements in tyrosine metabolism have been linked to improved tolerance for physically and mentally stressful situations. <span>(See Endnote 246, 247, 248, 249">(See Endnote 244) </span>

<span>(See Endnote 246, 247, 248, 249)</span>

We get errors like this a lot, and I'm hoping someone here can tell me why this is happening, and how we can prevent it.
Are we doing something wrong or is this just the way it is?

I would love to get this resolved.

Many thanks
Erin.

Thanks!

Dear Erin, Will it be possible for you to attach the document for us to test? And are you using the DTBook to XHTML script? My email ID is pverma[at the rate]daisy.org Regards, Prashant