AddFootnote: Index and length must refer to a location within the string

Dear all,

I am using SAVE-AS-DAISY on Word 2010 to create a DAISY book. I have a problem with the AddFootnote function. It works in general, but there are some cases where I get the following pop-up message box:

Index and length must refer to a location within the string
Parameter name: length

How can I debug this message? Is there something in my document which is wrong or is this a bug of the plug-in?

Best regards,
Gerasimos

Dear Gerasimos, Please send the document to my email ID. I will try to locate the problem and give you its resolution. My email ID is pverma[at the rate]daisy.org

Hello,

I have sent you the document, please verify that you've received it.

Thank you,
Gerasimos

Dear Gerasimos, Sorry I did not receive any mail from you. You may also send it to prashant.rv[at the rate]gmail.com. Prashant

Hello Prashant,

I resent it. Please verify.

Thank you,
Gerasimos

I was successful in translating your document. I did not do anything special. I have sent the file with details to your email.

Hello Prashant,

Thank you for your reply. It seems that you tweaked the document by cutting and pasting the footnote text, which actually works. Thank you.
However, this seems like a bug in the plug-in, doesn't it? Is there any procedure to submit this bug to be fixed (if possible)?

Thank you,
Gerasimos

Before updating the DAISY Translator bug list is prepared after taking into account feedback received on this forum. But I am not sure if this is a bug because I could not reproduce this in another document as yet. In scanned documents or in those documents in which footnotes have not been created properly it is advisable to manually recreate them the way I did in your document as of now.

OK, but, did you get the same error like I did when you first tried to translate the document?

Looking in this document there is also the same error in footnotes 1,7, 8, 44. I guess that if someone has access to the source code of the plug-in can debug the problem. Anyway, if we get more errors like this I'll let you know.

Thank you,
Gerasimos