Pipeline problem with MathDaisy

Forums: 

I'm testing the MathDaisy 1.0 in a Windows7 machine. But I'm facing some problems with the product installation.

After install Save-As-DAISY Word Plugin and Math Daisy 1.0, I access my .docx file in Word 2007, and access the menu Save As DAISY > Full DAISY (from single docx) > Narrator-DtbookToDaisy. If I use the DAISY XML (from Single docx) option, it works fine. But using the "Full" option, the operation presents an error saying that the MAthDaisy is not installed, the error message is attached.

This is a know problem? Is there any solution?

Dear Vepo, As per my understanding Math DAISY works in conjunction with the Math Type add-in also available from Design Science. The mathematical expressions in the document need to be created or converted with MathType before using Save As DAISY. And what is the status of the TTS issue you reported earlier? Prashant

I'm debugging the pipeline-lite code, and I'm pretty sure that is a installation issue.

The real exception throwed is: Cannot find an MP3 Encoder.

Everything is installed, but the error message is saying that MathDaisy is missing

Debugging in Windows7 and Java7 I found that is not an installation problem.

The RegistryQuery class is not finding the value for:
Key=HKLM\Software\Design Science\DSMD1
Name=ProgramDir

The program make a runtime exec for: reg query "HKLM\Software\Design Science\DSMD1" /v ProgramDir

But it's returning as key not found:
ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

I found that depending from where is called, the Windows 64 has two REG.exe, and both programs looks differents registry tables. The pipeline-ms-lite is calling the wrong REG (\Windows\SysWOW64\REG), and the code SHOULD pass the entire path for REG (\Windows\System32\REG)

Hi there, sorry to resurrect this after 5 years, but I was wondering if you ever found a solution to the registry rerouting to the 64 reg.exe, and not allowing the program to run. I think that's the reason MathDaisy won't install for me, (I think). here's the digging, and correspondance I've done so far on the issue..

Forums:
Save as DAISY Microsoft
Hi, when I try to install MathDaisy, I get the following 5 'non-fatal' errors: (below). Though it says Installation was successful, when I attempt to "Save As Full Daisy from one docx" it goes through the first translation step, and then freezes around step 2/14 in the second translation bar, and gives me the following error:
"Documents containing mathmatics cannot be converted to DAISY format without a plugin to create alternative text and images.
Please visit http://www.daisy.org/projects/pipeline/other-add-ins.shtml for information on such
plugins for the DAISY Pipeline
Then in the dialogue box below it says:
[INFO] XSLT message: Added a dummy h1
Errors from Log File:
1) No entry found: MakeExecutableAction_zg_ia_sf.jar
2) Install Uninstaller: MathDaisy 1.0 (Install All Uninstaller Components)
Additional Notes: ERROR - Failure to install Uninstaller executable: java.lang.NullPointerException
3) Create Link: C:\Users\Ben\MathFlow_SDK\About MathDaisy 1.0
Additional Notes: ERROR - Unable to Create Shortcut
4) Create Link: C:\Users\Ben\MathFlow_SDK\MathDaisy 1.0 Help
5) Create Link: C:\Users\Ben\MathFlow_SDK\Unlock or Register MathDaisy 1.0
- log file attached
SYSTEM INFO:
Windows 10_x64, MS WORD_X32/Save as Daisy Add In: Daisy Translator, v2.1.1_32 / MathDaisy 1.0
I need to produce full Daisy Documents, any ideas as to why MathDaisy won't install or work properly?
Thanks,
Ben
Add new comment Printer-friendly version
YOU HAVE NOT MENTIONED THE
PERMALINK Submitted by PVerma on Fri, 2017-03-17 23:51
You have not mentioned the version of your Microsoft Office. Officially, MathDaisy is supposed to work with Microsoft Word upto version 2007. However, it is reported to work with Word 2010 also. MathDaisy has not been updated in many years and users have reported installation issues on newer operating systems and with newer versions of Microsoft Office.
If you are using Word later than 2010, then you may try with an earlier version of Office.
You may also contact Design Science, the makers of MathDaisy. The contact information available on their website is as follows.
How do I contact Technical Support for MathDaisy? MathDaisy technical support is free. Contact our technical support team by calling +1 (562) 432-2920, Monday through Friday from 8 AM - 5 PM Pacific, GMT - 8:00. , or email support@dessci.com.

My Reply:
Hi there, Sorry, I forgot to indicate that I was using MS Word 2016, however, I do have a purchased copy of Office 2010, so after reading your response, I uninstalled 2016, and installed 2010 with the "Save As Daisy" and the MathType Add-ons. Unfortunately, when I try to produce a full Daisy file in "save as Daisy", I get the same errors as I did in 2016. I realized over the weekend that the program isn't installed at all, even though the installation log claims the installation was successful, there's no "MathDaisy" icon in the programs list, or on the desktop, or in the start menu.. also there's no way for me to uninstall the program, (as indicated by the dessci documentation here: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Math%20Daisy/readme.html). Design Science indicate that there's a MathDaisy uninstall file: Uninstall: select "Uninstall MathDaisy 1.0" from the "MathDaisy" folder in the Start Menu. - I don't have this file..:
Fumbling in the dark, i tried to diagnose the "daisy.exe" file with Visual Studio, and attempted to debug it there, I get the following output:
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Math Daisy\MathDaisy.exe'. Module was built without symbols.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\apphelp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcLayers.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\win32u.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32full.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cfgmgr32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\windows.storage.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\combase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ucrtbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\bcryptprimitives.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\powrprof.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel.appcore.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SHCore.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\profapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp_win.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\setupapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mpr.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sfc.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winspool.drv'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\bcrypt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sfc_os.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
FTH: (16960): *** Fault tolerant heap shim applied to current process. This is usually due to previous crashes. ***
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SortWindows6Compat.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.14393.447_none_5507ded2cb4f7f4c\comctl32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\version.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'MathDaisy.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\psapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The thread 0x144c has exited with code 1 (0x1).
The thread 0x3b44 has exited with code 1 (0x1).
The thread 0x437c has exited with code 1 (0x1).
The thread 0x4004 has exited with code 1 (0x1).
The program '[16960] MathDaisy.exe' has exited with code 1 (0x1).
***************** End Visual Studio Log..
-would this output log be more evidence of a previous poster's finding, in his difficulty installing/running the program? It seems the program was exclusively referencing the SysWoW64 registry key, and finding nothing, as the installer is 32 bit. To recap the previous poster, he stated,
" the Windows 64 has two REG.exe, and both programs looks into different registry tables. The pipeline-ms-lite is calling the wrong REG (\Windows\SysWOW64\REG), and the code SHOULD pass the entire path for REG (\Windows\System32\REG)", (http://www.daisy.org/forums/18556).
The person who i was corresponding with from Dessci thought it could be an MS 2016 - compatibiliy issue, (I wrote him before installing 2010), or that it was a problem with Save as Daisy. I don't think it is though, given the fact the MathDaisy doesn't seem to be installing on my 64 bit system. The commenter at http://www.daisy.org/forums/18556 link, (bottom), says that exclusively calling the WoW64_64 Registry for some 32 bit programs is a windows 64 bug, (if indeed this is the problem), any known work arounds for this?
Thanks so much,
Ben
I've attached the email correspondance, (pdf) between myself and Dessci, so you can see what questions have already been raised.
Thank you
Ben - It only lets me upload the pdf to the original message, which I'll do..

Thanks so much!