"TTS failed to speak" problem on Mac OS X Lion

Forums: 

Hello,

I use Daisy Pipeline 20111215 for Mac OS X.
I have Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and several TTS voices that are included with the system.
I managed to configure TTS voices in ttsbuilder.xml file.

In general when using th TTS Narrator job to create full DAISY DTB everything works fine - the book is created correctly. TTS voice is selected/matched correctly by DAISY Pipeline

But when the sentence in a book contains any diacritical signs (for example Polish ą ę ć ś ź, German ä, ö, French: é,â... etc.) regardless of language - the job returns an error >> The TTS failed to speak "[the sentence with the diacritic signs]" <<. Although the mp3 files are generated, the sentences tht contain diacritical sign is silent in the audio file.

I also came across this post: http://www.daisy.org/forums/167 but it seams that in my case it is not tecccesaryly that issu. As the mp3 are generated correctly when the book/sentence does not contain diacritical signs.

How could I solve this problem?

I would appreciate any help.

I just tried the Pipeline v20111215 on Mac OS X 10.7.3, and could not reproduce the problem.

The DTBook sample I used contained the sentence "Je ne suis pas très sûr de ça", and I configured the TTS to use the french voice "Thomas".

Could you please send me a sample book, along with your TTS configuration file ?

Thanks!
Romain.