Newbie Questions on the Pipeline

Forums: 
Hi, I am trying to create a daisy text file set from a Word doc. I used the save as daisy add-in and created an .xml file. Does anyone know which script or scripts I would use in the Pipeline to make this happen? There is a Daisy 2.02 text file generator that seems to require an xhtml input. So, do i create this one first using the Word 2003 xml to xhtml? I have tried this but get runtime errors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Marc

Hello Marc, in pipeline go: File; New; Pipeline Job; Create and Distribute; Daisy Book; Daisy 2.02 text-Only Fileset Generator (from DTBook) [BETA] klick 'Next' give the path's (where the XML is - to where you want the 2.02 fileset to be) tick features of your needs and choosing hit 'Finish' Hit me with any questions that might arise Cheers Olaf

Thanks for your help. I ran the script and got an error "task validator failed." I am sure there is more useful info there but i am not sure which of it is most useful. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Marc

Hi,

where can i get pipeline-ws.war file? Is it a open source? can i get it freely. if then any body suggest which site?

Thanks
Mani Vasagan

The latest build of the project is now available on Sourceforge. Or you can build directly from the sources, available from the Pipeline WS development site.

Hope this helps, Romain.

PS: when starting a new thread, please use the "Post new forum topic" link rather than using an (unrelated) existing thread. Thanks!

I got the download link

http://sourceforge.net/projects/daisymfc/files/pipeline/pipeline-ws-20091009/

Thanks,
Manivasagan S.

Hai,

I have setup Webservice. Now i want to consume that webservice. I am a php developer. How to call Daisy webservice for DTbook validation and Conver pdf to DTbook and DTbook to audio file.Please advice me.

Regards,
Manivasagan S
vasagan.itm@gmail.com

The documentation page of the Pipeline web site contains pointers to the reference documentation on the Pipeline converters. From here you can learn what feature is available: for example you'll see that you can convert from DTBook to DAISY 3 and DAISY 2.02 audio books using the "Narrator" script. You'll also see that there is currently no built-in way to convert from PDF to DTBook. You have to use an external PDF-to-XML tool.

To learn how to use the Pipeline web service, you can look at the WSDL file deployed with the web service. This file is the formal description of the WS API. The Pipeline WS project is experimental though and there is not much documentation.

To learn how to consume a web service from PHP you'll have to refer to some PHP-specific documentation or tutorials. These forums cannot assist you with PHP development.

Romain.

I have setup Webservice. Now i want to consume that webservice. I am a java developer. i alreay deploy pipeline-ws on tomcat server.now i want to How to use web service to convert BrailleText to PEF.
plz provide me solution.

Thank you.

Manoj patel
manojpatel.25@gmail.com

What do you mean by "BrailleText" ?

In my previous post (just above yours) I suggest looking at the documentation first. You'll find the list of pipeline scripts, notably one called "text to PEF". The web service API is self-described in the WSDL file deployed in your tomcat server.

I can try to help if you have a specific issue with one of the scripts mentioned above but cannot develop the web service client for you.

Romain.

forget about pipeline webservice.
Now i want to setup pipeonline.
i have already setup pipeline-core,pipeonline-core,pipeonline-web in eclipse-gelieo.i also created database in mysql as describe in setup document.everything is ok. but whenever i tried to login on pipeonline.it will give me bad credential error.mysql connetion and databse is ok. i have created two user 'admin' and 'user' with password 'admin' and 'user' respectively.
everything is as per your pipeonline setup page.

now what is worng with it.why it giving me bad crendential exception during login.

I'm confused... if you only want to use the Pipeline web service API you do not need a database. The database is only required for the "PipeOnline", which is a complete web application for the Pipeline experimented by NLB in Norway, and totally independent project.

For the web service, you need to follow this setup guide:
http://daisy.trac.cvsdude.com/pipeline/wiki/PipelineWS/SetupGuide

Romain.

forget about pipeline webservice.
Now i want to setup pipeonline.
i have already setup pipeline-core,pipeonline-core,pipeonline-web in eclipse-gelieo.i also created database in mysql as describe in setup document.everything is ok. but whenever i tried to login on pipeonline.it will give me bad credential error.mysql connetion and databse is ok. i have created two user 'admin' and 'user' with password 'admin' and 'user' respectively.
everything is as per your pipeonline setup page.

now what is worng with it.why it giving me bad crendential exception during login.

OK. So you've followed the PipeOnline setup guide, correct ?

And you could access to the PipeOnline login page on http://localhost:8080/pipeonline-web/ ?

Can you please send me Tomcat's log files via email to rdeltour (at) gmail (dot) com ? I will try to have a look (it may take some time though).

Romain.

PS: setting up the PipeOnline is a different topic than what we discussed in this thread, next time please use the "Post new forum topic" link. Thanks!