Character set listing
A full list of other character sets that exist is available at http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets.
Common character sets
These are some character sets commonly in use. Please note that the list is not complete. Your document may actually use an encoding other than those listed here. Refer to the documentation of the text editor used for more information.
- Documents created using western characters including A-Z, nordic, german and hispanic special characters
- Documents created using Japanese characters
Shift_Jis(which can also be labeled as windows-932).
- Documents created using Thai characters
- Documents created using Korean characters
- Documents created using Traditional Chinese characters
- Documents created using Simplified Chinese characters
- Documents created using Vietnamese characters
- Documents created using various Indian Language characters
- ISCII Assamese:
Text is available under the terms of the DAISY Consortium Intellectual Property Policy, Licensing, and Working Group Process.