Calendar: Upcoming Events
A list of past events is also available.
The focus of GAAD is the design, development, usability, and related communities building, shaping, funding and influencing technology and its use. More information is provided on the Global Accessibility Awareness Day website.
The Forum will explore such themes as:
- How cultural institutions are using technology to embrace disabled audiences and improve access to their collections, information and activities
- How technology can facilitate creative expression for people with disabilities
- How educators, art organizations, local authorities as well as software and hardware developers can work together to build accessible solutions
- How progress can be leveraged through public and private initiatives
- How dialogue can be instigated between e-Accessibility stakeholders and the cultural industry to ensure that cultural assets and activities are born accessible
Registration is now open on the conference website.
The General Meeting is made up of the Full Members and Associate Members. Friends and supporters may attend as observers, though space is limited. If you wish to attend as an observer, please contact rorme(at)outlook.com by June 6 at the latest.
Members may submit motions for the General Meeting in writing to rorme(at)outlook.com, no later than three weeks before the date of the meeting.
Draft Agenda - subject to change
Location: Hotel NH Den Haag, The Hague, Netherlands
Tuesday, June 27th, 2017. Time: 2.00 pm - 3.30 pm
- 01 Welcome and Meeting Arrangements
- 02 Attendance and Apologies
- 03 Acceptance of the Agenda
- 04 Confirmation of the Scribe
- 05 Review and Approval of the Minutes of the 2016 General Meeting held in Stockholm, Sweden
- 06 Annual Report 2016
- 07 Financial Report 2016
- 08 Discharge of the Board for 2016
- 09 Decision on the Membership Fees for 2018 and Entrance Fee for Full Members
- 10 Ratification of decisions concerning Associate Members
- 11 Amendments to the Articles of Association
- 12 Election of the Treasurer
- 13 Special announcements
- 14 Location of the General Meeting 2018
- 15 Any Other Business
- 16 Closing the General Meeting
After the General Meeting there will be a reception in the hotel with drinks and light refreshments. Inquiries: rorme(at)outlook.com.
Better Together is part of Vision 2017, the 12th International Conference by the International Society for Low Vision Research and Rehabilitation (ISLRR), that takes place June 25-29, 2017.
More information is available on the Better Together conference website. See the list of confirmed speakers. Register on the Better Together conference website today. Day ticket for Better Together is €242. This registration fee also includes full access to the Vision Congress on June 28th.
The Baltic countries - Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania - have been confirmed as the Market Focus for the London Book Fair 2018.